Advocates are WANTED and NEEDED in nursing homes! You can be qualified as a representative of the Board on Aging & Long Term Care in the role of a Volunteer Ombudsman. You can make a difference in the lives of people living in area nursing homes.
The Volunteer Ombudsman Program currently operates in 30 counties with offices in the following regions: Madison area, Milwaukee area, Stevens Point area, Green Bay area, and La Crosse area.
- Give of their time: a minimum 6 month commitment
- Pass a criminal background check, (paid by our agency)
- Be free from conflict of interest
- Attend mandatory 7 1/2 -hour training
- Provide own transportation
- Make unannounced, weekly visits to assigned facility in designated time frames
- Complete monthly reports
- Enjoy spending time with residents in nursing homes
The Volunteer Services Supervisor and the Volunteer Coordinators will ensure proper training, guidance, and support throughout the entire volunteer experience.